How we integrate ESG within our investment process
Central to our high conviction, fundamental approach, we embed into our process additional analysis that includes Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors from a range of highly-specialised research partners.
Our dedicated SRI team works alongside our investment teams to provide governance and insight.
What we look for
- A holistic view of financial and extra-financial performance, looking at all material information, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Research to guide the interactions our portfolio managers have with companies.
- We understand the extent to which ESG issues can impact the long-term value of a firm.
- ESG issues include (and are not limited to) governance and management, resource management, energy efficiency and human capital management.
What we do
- We source ESG data from five different external providers to use as an input into our investment process. The ESG research comes to complement the fundamental research conducted by our teams.
- Our French Equities Strategy obtained the French Government SRI Label in December 2019.
- We participate in a number of key initiatives and partnerships, i.e, we are a member of CDP and supported of the TCFD.
At the core of our responsible investment approach is engagement. As active, high conviction investors, our portfolio managers always take a dynamic approach to evaluating and interacting with companies to encourage best practices.
Exclusions are incorporated where we don’t believe that active engagement will lead to positive outcomes. This includes businesses whose primary activity is the production of controversial weapons or tobacco.
What we look for
- Strong governance structures
- Alignment with shareholders
- Awareness and management of ESG issues
- A strong Corporate social responsibility
In selective private equity strategies, we actively place capital with companies that are seeking sustainable and achievable outcomes.
Impact investing can be seen as an evolution of responsible investing. In addition to integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria, and excluding certain assets from portfolios, Impact Investing aims at making investments that deliver positive financial returns and a benefit to society at the same time.
Impact investing must have clear, demonstrable and, most of all, measurable objectives.
Contact us to learn more about our responsible investing approach.