- A barrage of crises through 2021/2022 triggered extreme outflows from UK equities.
- UK valuations have become disconnected from global equities, in many cases falling below Global Financial Crisis levels despite the economic challenges being nowhere near as severe as those faced during 2008.
- Share price performance has been unprecedented – since August 2021, 80% of UK shares have underperformed the FTSE All-Share Index; the majority have underperformed by more than 20%.
- Valuations have not priced in this much fear for decades.
- Yet inflation drivers are expected to be negative in 2023 and recession is more of a concern for the UK economy than its equity market.
- UK businesses with strong balance sheets look well-placed for share price appreciation.
This marketing material is for your exclusive use only and it is not intended for any person who is a citizen or resident of any jurisdiction where the publication, distribution or use of the information contained herein would be subject to any restrictions. It may not be copied or transferred.
This material is provided for information purposes only and shall not be construed as an offer or a recommendation to subscribe, retain or dispose of fund units or shares, investment products or strategies. Potential investors are recommended to seek prior professional financial, legal and tax advice. The sources of the information contained within are deemed reliable. However, the accuracy or completeness of the information cannot be guaranteed and some figures may only be estimates. In addition, any opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
All investment involves risks, returns may decrease or increase because of currency fluctuations and investors may lose the amount of their original investment. Past performance is not indicative or a guarantee of future returns.
Issued by: in the UK: Mirabaud Asset Management Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. D14 In Switzerland: Mirabaud Asset Management (Suisse) SA, 29, boulevard Georges-Favon, 1204 Geneva. In France: Mirabaud Asset Management (France) SAS., 13, avenue Hoche, 75008 Paris. In Luxembourg, Italy and Spain: Mirabaud Asset Management (Europe) SA, 25 avenue de la Liberté, L-1931 Luxembourg.